The end of October is approaching, along with the holiday season.
For many retailers, the holiday season is the busiest time of the year. As such, the most relevant industry news revolves around preparation for the last two months of 2015.
- The strongest El Nino in decades will hit later this year, affecting several industries and hundreds of manufactures and distributors.
- Companies that invest in corporate responsibility could see an increase in growth and profit.
- Within the food industry, millennials are responsible for an $18 billion revolution. Favorite brands among millennials include Kraft, Trader Joes and store brands.
- Pop-up Halloween stores have been running since the beginning of this month, in preparation for the 31st.
- Starbucks is planting a tree for every bag of coffee sold in a United States store.
- More than a quarter of consumers have started holiday shopping, which is expected to last for a longer season than last year.
- There is a Lego shortage so customers looking to gift Legos over the holidays may have to wait.
- Chipotle is spending less on marketing and advertising in order to buy higher-quality ingredients.