GoSpotCheck is committed to creating retail mobile data collection software that increases efficiency and productivity.
In order to fully understand the industry, we keep up with current trends and newsworthy information within the retail world. Here are some notable highlights from July:
- Retailers are using crowdfunding to determine optimal store locations and inventory.
- Compared to 2014, parents plan to spend more on back-to-school shopping in the 2015-2016 school year.
- Amazon may be opening a grocery drive-thru – allowing customers to shop online for food and arrange for pickup.
- A group of large retailers, including Starbucks, have begun initiatives to hire 100,000 young people.
- Smartphones are changing how consumers shop, but not the way you think.
- Latinas are becoming the majority consumer in the United States, thus heavily influencing the retail industry.
- Some Wal-Marts will no longer be open 24/7, and Dick’s Sporting Goods is opening stores dedicated to female consumers – in order to compete with brands like Lululemon.
- Thanks to Dynatrace, retailers can now gauge performance on web and mobile sites. Costco had the highest digital performance ranking in June.