GoSpotCheck is committed to bettering retail execution, field team management and using mobile data collection to increase performance and revenue for our customers.
As a company, we like to keep a finger on the pulse of the retail industry. Here is a roundup of some recent newsworthy happenings in the retail world:
- Target is altering its grocery department as the retail giant tries to keep up with competitors.
- Ketchup maker H.J. Heinz and Kraft Foods Group Inc. are merging to form the world’s fifth-largest food and beverage company.
- Mobile-savvy shoppers are worth targeting. To learn how mobile matters to your business, check out this infographic.
- Millennials use social networks as a resource for shopping information, not as a purchasing avenue.
- Starbucks has issued its Global Responsibility Report, citing ethically sourced coffee, water conservation and LEED-certified stores as parts of their 2015 goals.
- In other news from the food industry, sales of indulgent snacks are higher than those for healthier options.
- Retailers must focus on collecting and analyzing data, while capitalizing on technological advances—according to the 2015 Mobile World Congress.
- Apple Watch pre-orders are estimated to top $1 million, and Etsy, the craft-centered website, has gone public and is worth over $3 billion.
- On-shelf availability remains a struggle for retailers. Many consumers have a three-strikes policy, so the number of placement mistakes must be minimized.
- Despite predictions, sales at Best Buy are increasing, thanks to strong multi-channel execution.