What Happened in July?
GoSpotCheck is a forward-thinking company that brings a field intelligence solution to companies in all industries. To better serve our customers, we monitor news and trends worldwide. Some of the most noteworthy updates from July include:
- QVC and Zappos make the top of the list for highest-rated retail customer experiences.
- A new app can recommend a bottle of wine based on a unique algorithm tailored to individual consumers.
- Back-to-school spending is expected to reach $8 billion and brick-and-mortar is the primary place to shop.
- Southern Glazer’s officially became the U.S.’s largest wine and spirits distributor.
- “Economic indicators are showing positive trends for retail,” according to NRF President and CEO Matthew Shay.
- The camping industry is growing, partly thanks to millennials.
- The global retail industry is estimated to be worth $28 trillion by 2019.
- MillerCoors bought a majority stake in the Oregon-based Hop Valley Brewing Company to keep up with the rising craft beer market.
- A comprehensive report on global facilities management discusses major tends, technologies, and highlights.
- In Denver, the cannabis industry boosts retail and manufacturing jobs.
- According to Forbes, mobile technology has made a huge impact in the presidential election.