At GoSpotCheck, we stay on top of trends and important news that will enable us to better help our customers.
Here are the most newsworthy tidbits from November:
- Integrating physical and digital retail, the first step to onmichannel strategy, is paramount for retailers who want to stay relevant.
- The $24 billion dollar craft brewing industry is growing quickly and sales are expected to continue trending upward.
- McDonalds donated $75,000 to fund disaster relief efforts helping victims of flooding in the Carolinas – a shining example of corporate social responsibility.
- The decline of brick-and-mortar “is a statement that’s been grossly exaggerated,” according to Macy’s Chairman and CEO Terry Lundgren.
- Consumers are spreading out budgets throughout the holiday season.
- It’s possible that federal regulators will block Staples’ $6 billion-plus plan to buy Office Depot, due to the possibility of a single office supply giant.
- This year, FedEx expects a record number of holiday shipments.
Within the last few weeks, the retail industry has been planning for Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
- REI was a big hit on Black Friday – via social media. The outdoor retailer’s #optoutside campaignracked up almost one million endorsements.
- More than one website crashed on Black Friday, creating a frustrated group of customers.
- For some retailers, online sales were higher than those from in-store Black Friday purchases.
- Black Friday is also the busiest day of the year for plumbers.