At GoSpotCheck, we keep up with the latest industry trends and changes to better serve our customers.
Below are newsworthy tidbits from the month of May:
- The effects of e-commerce on retail are not what you might think.
- Thanks to science, a Charleston distillery ages alcohol 20 years in less than a week.
- Leading alcohol producers around the world are working together, in connection with UN Global, to decrease the number of road traffic deaths by 2020.
- Retail giant Wal-Mart is bringing back greeters.
- Until the November 2016 Presidential election, Budweiser is renaming its beer “America.”
- Apple’s new stores will be sustainable – in the form of renewable energy, water features, and greenery.
- A new study suggests that Ancient Chinese villagers may have been brewing craft beer 5,000 years ago.
- As summer approaches, consumers look for refreshing beverages – a challenge for the beverage alcohol industry.
- Along with many other online retailers, wine merchant Wine Cellar Group is looking to expand into physical storefronts.
- Eleven countries disagree on the definition of a standard drink.
- Gucci’s growth is founded in strong digital strategy.
- Highly profitable retail insights from Forbes include “compliance makes money.”
- Retail sales are bouncing back strong after a slow first quarter.
- Anheuser-Busch InBev is releasing a non-alcoholic Budweiser, called Prohibition Brew.