November Industry News
At GoSpotCheck, we stay on top of trends and important news that will enable us to better help our customers. Here are the most newsworthy tidbits from November:
- Integrating physical and digital retail, the first step to onmichannel strategy, is paramount for retailers who want to stay relevant.
- The $24 billion dollar craft brewing industry is growing quickly and sales are expected to continue trending upward.
- McDonalds donated $75,000 to fund disaster relief efforts helping victims of flooding in the Carolinas – a shining example of corporate social responsibility.
- The decline of brick-and-mortar “is a statement that’s been grossly exaggerated,” according to Macy’s Chairman and CEO Terry Lundgren.
- Consumers are spreading out budgets throughout the holiday season.
- It’s possible that federal regulators will block Staples’ $6 billion-plus plan to buy Office Depot, due to the possibility of a single office supply giant.
- This year, FedEx expects a record number of holiday shipments.
Within the last few weeks, the retail industry has been planning for Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
- REI was a big hit on Black Friday – via social media. The outdoor retailer’s #optoutside campaign racked up almost one million endorsements.
- More than one website crashed on Black Friday, creating a frustrated group of customers.
- For some retailers, online sales were higher than those from in-store Black Friday purchases.
- Black Friday is also the busiest day of the year for plumbers.