June Retail Industry News
GoSpotCheck makes software to enhance retail execution and improve field team performance. In order to best serve the retail world, we keep up with the constantly changing industry by following trends, news and developments. Here are some of retail’s most recent announcements:
- “Social influencers” have become a resounding voice for brands—more effective than traditional marketing.
- Lots of mergers are taking place:
- European grocery chains Ahold NV and Delhaize Group merged late this month, creating one of the largest supermarket operators in the United States.
- Sequential Brands bought Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia for $353 million.
- Office Depot shareholders have approved a possible merger with Staples.
- Similarly, CVS Health acquired Target’s pharmacies and clinics.
- Retail businesses lost approximately $44 billion in 2014 because of fraud, administrative error, and shoplifting. For the first time in over 20 years, employee theft was not the largest cause of lost revenue.
- The “Top 100 Most Powerful Brands of 2015,” according to a report by Tenet Partners, list Coca-Cola, Hershey, and Bayer as the top three, respectively.
- Lowe’s is using their 3-D Holoroom to tailor the customer experience with a futuristic twist.
- Shopping just became easier—on Twitter. With a single click, Twitter users can buy products.