Mergers, Millennials, and More in June
The GoSpotCheck team keeps up with the latest industry news and trends through a wide variety of sources—including news outlets, publications, and more.
Some of the most interesting tidbits from June include:
- Millennials look for additional knowledge to understand healthy eating habits.
- At the facility in Aurora, Amazon’s first Colorado employees have begun working with a goal of faster package deliveries.
- The flavored whiskey category continues to see drastic growth—and may reach 10 million cases by the end of 2016.
- More fathers are spending time in the grocery store and making purchases.
- Retail sales rose in May, indicating a strong economy despite a decrease in job creation.
- Cold brew coffee has hit Starbucks locations around the country, as well as stores in Seattle and Portland.
- Brands and retailers explore innovative technologies to bring businesses to new heights.
- Microsoft bought LinkedIn for $26.2 billion to merge the cloud with online networking.