February News from Industries Worldwide
At GoSpotCheck, to better serve our customers, we immerse ourselves within the trends and recent news in each industry. Here are the latest newsworthy tidbits from companies all over the world…
- The luxury industry continues to expand, especially in China.
- ModCloth, a brand known for its Indie fashion, is following in the footsteps of Amazon and opening physical locations. Online jewelry retailer, Blue Nile, is continuing the transition to brick-and-mortar.
- Hard root beer has found an audience within all consumer groups – across different ages and genders.
- Rite Aid deployed the largest beacon installation – over 4,500 beacons – in retail history.
- The Future of Mobile is explained with “36 Global Voices,” including that of GoSpotCheck CEO Matt Talbot.
- Fast-fashion retailers have a slight advantage when it comes to accommodating changes and trends that accompany weather patterns.
- Marketing to heavy “snackers” is an opportunity for food brands like Kellogg and Hormel.
- The National Retail Federation released favorable reports that project retail sales will grow 3.1% in 2016.
- Outdoor sports retailers – Summit Sports and Austin Canoe and Kayak – have joined forces to provide products year-round.
- Beverage preferences on menus are beginning to favor different types of cocktails and beers, changing the beverage alcohol landscape.changing the beverage alcohol landscape.
- The world’s top avocado-producing countries have established the World Avocado Organization – designed to promote avocado consumption in the European Union.